Why using coupons? #
To help you in your marketing actions, the eClub allows you to create discount coupons.
These coupons allow you to create a wide range of marketing campanes. Here are a few examples:
- first lesson free of charge
- 20% discount on the purchase of 10 courses
- a free course for the first 5 registered
The following section describes how to create and configure properly a coupon code.
Access to the coupons management #
1/ On the left menu of your Store Manager click on Coupons menu
2/ On the top right of the Coupons listing page, click on the Add new menu
Settings discount #
On the coupon page edition, fill the coupon description form
The code name is the code that users will use in the checkout page
Settings restrictions and limits #
Click on the Restriction menu on the back left page to set the restrictions you want
Find here a few examples of how to set limitations:
- If you created a contest on social networks and offered free lessons to the winners you can set the winners emails in the Emails restrictions input form
- If you don’t want users to be able to cumulate discounts from several coupons you have to check the box Individual Use Only
Click on the Limit menu on the back left page to set the usage limits
Few tips #
- If you want to create an offer: 50% to the first 5 registered for a new course, for example, you must set the field Usage limit per coupon with 5
- If you want to create an offer: the first course is free you must set the field Usage limit per user with 1
Click on Submit on the bottom of the page
Testing your coupon #
It’s important you test by yourself the coupon you have just created. It’s very easy, you can just place an order (without going as far as payment) as if you were a user of the site. In this way, you will be able to check that the total amount of the basket is what you expect after applying the coupon and that the limitations are the ones you want.
Don’t hesitate to create your own offers by playing with the possibilities offered by the discount coupons!